"Nephritis, Hereditary" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of inherited conditions characterized initially by HEMATURIA and slowly progressing to RENAL INSUFFICIENCY. The most common form is the Alport syndrome (hereditary nephritis with HEARING LOSS) which is caused by mutations in genes for TYPE IV COLLAGEN and defective GLOMERULAR BASEMENT MEMBRANE.
- Nephritis, Hereditary
- Hereditary Nephritis
- Nephritis, Familial
- Familial Nephritis
- Hereditary Interstitial Pyelonephritis
- Pyelonephritis, Hereditary Interstitial
Hemorrhagic Hereditary Nephritis
- Hemorrhagic Hereditary Nephritis
- Nephritis, Hemorrhagic Hereditary
- Hemorrhagic Familial Nephritis
- Nephritis, Hemorrhagic Familial
- Hereditary Hematuria Syndrome
- Congenital Hereditary Hematuria
- Hematuria, Congenital Hereditary
- Hematuric Hereditary Nephritis
- Nephritis, Hematuric Hereditary
- Hereditary Familial Congenital Hemorrhagic Nephritis
- Alport Syndrome
- Syndrome, Alport
- Hematuria-Nephropathy-Deafness Syndrome
- Hematuria Nephropathy Deafness Syndrome
- Syndrome, Hematuria-Nephropathy-Deafness
- Alport's Syndrome
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Nephritis, Hereditary".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Nephritis, Hereditary".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Nephritis, Hereditary" by people in this website by year, and whether "Nephritis, Hereditary" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.