"Receptors, Opioid" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cell membrane proteins that bind opioids and trigger intracellular changes which influence the behavior of cells. The endogenous ligands for opioid receptors in mammals include three families of peptides, the enkephalins, endorphins, and dynorphins. The receptor classes include mu, delta, and kappa receptors. Sigma receptors bind several psychoactive substances, including certain opioids, but their endogenous ligands are not known.
- Receptors, Opioid
- Opiate Receptors
- Opioid Receptor
- Receptor, Opioid
- Opioid Receptors
- Opiate Receptor
- Receptor, Opiate
- Receptors, Opiate
- Enkephalin Receptor
- Receptor, Enkephalin
- Receptors, Enkephalin
- Enkephalin Receptors
- beta-Endorphin Receptor
- Receptor, beta-Endorphin
- beta Endorphin Receptor
- Receptors, beta-Endorphin
- Receptors, beta Endorphin
- beta-Endorphin Receptors
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Opioid".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.695.620]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.720.600.610]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Opioid [D12.776.543.750.750.555.610]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Opioid".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Opioid" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Opioid" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.