Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
"Temporomandibular Joint Disorders" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A variety of conditions affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint. Factors contributing to the complexity of temporomandibular diseases are its relation to dentition and mastication and the symptomatic effects in other areas which account for referred pain to the joint and the difficulties in applying traditional diagnostic procedures to temporomandibular joint pathology where tissue is rarely obtained and x-rays are often inadequate or nonspecific. Common diseases are developmental abnormalities, trauma, subluxation, luxation, arthritis, and neoplasia. (From Thoma's Oral Pathology, 6th ed, pp577-600)
|Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
- Disorder, Temporomandibular Joint
- Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint
- Joint Disorder, Temporomandibular
- Joint Disorders, Temporomandibular
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- TMJ Disorders
- Disorder, TMJ
- Disorders, TMJ
- TMJ Disorder
- Temporomandibular Disorders
- Disorder, Temporomandibular
- Disorders, Temporomandibular
- Temporomandibular Disorder
- Temporomandibular Joint Diseases
- Disease, Temporomandibular Joint
- Diseases, Temporomandibular Joint
- Joint Disease, Temporomandibular
- Joint Diseases, Temporomandibular
- Temporomandibular Joint Disease
- TMJ Diseases
- Disease, TMJ
- Diseases, TMJ
- TMJ Disease
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Temporomandibular Joint Disorders".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Temporomandibular Joint Disorders".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Temporomandibular Joint Disorders" by people in this website by year, and whether "Temporomandibular Joint Disorders" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.