Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External
"Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A mitochondrial myopathy characterized by slowly progressive paralysis of the levator palpebrae, orbicularis oculi, and extraocular muscles. Ragged-red fibers and atrophy are found on muscle biopsy. Familial and sporadic forms may occur. Disease onset is usually in the first or second decade of life, and the illness slowly progresses until usually all ocular motility is lost. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1422)
|Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External
- Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External
- Graefe Disease
- Disease, Graefe
- Mitochondrial Ocular Myopathy
- Myopathy, Mitochondrial Ocular
- Ocular Myopathy, Mitochondrial
- Chronic Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia
- Graefe's Disease
- Ocular Myopathy of Von Graefe-Fuchs
- Ocular Myopathy of Von Graefe Fuchs
- Ophthalmoplegia, Progressive External
- External Ophthalmoplegia, Progressive
- Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia
- Ocular Muscular Dystrophy
- Dystrophy, Ocular Muscular
- Muscular Dystrophies, Ocular
- Muscular Dystrophy, Ocular
- Ocular Muscular Dystrophies
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External" by people in this website by year, and whether "Ophthalmoplegia, Chronic Progressive External" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.