Myelinolysis, Central Pontine
"Myelinolysis, Central Pontine" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A demyelinating condition affecting the PONS and characterized clinically by an acute progressive QUADRIPLEGIA; DYSARTHRIA; DYSPHAGIA; and alterations of consciousness. Pathologic features include prominent demyelination in the central PONS with sparing of axons and neurons. This condition is usually associated with systemic disorders such as HYPONATREMIA; chronic ALCOHOLISM; LIVER FAILURE; severe BURNS; malignant NEOPLASMS; hemorrhagic PANCREATITIS; HEMODIALYSIS; and SEPSIS. The rapid medical correction of hyponatremia has been cited as a cause of this condition. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1125-6)
|Myelinolysis, Central Pontine
- Myelinolysis, Central Pontine
- Pontine Myelinolysis, Central
- Myelinoclasis, Central Pontine
- Central Pontine Myelinoclasis
- Central Pontine Myelinolysis
- Extrapontine Myelinolysis
- Extrapontine Myelinolyses
- Myelinolyses, Extrapontine
- Myelinolysis, Extrapontine
- Extrapontine Myelinoclasis
- Extrapontine Myelinoclases
- Myelinoclases, Extrapontine
- Myelinoclasis, Extrapontine
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Myelinolysis, Central Pontine".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Myelinolysis, Central Pontine".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Myelinolysis, Central Pontine" by people in this website by year, and whether "Myelinolysis, Central Pontine" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.