1) Dr. Nobuhiro Iwakura, Ph.D. He received his Ph.D in microbiology at Niigata School of Medicine, Japan under the guidance of Professor Tatsuo Yamamoto in 2005. He joined our laboratory right after his Ph.D and has been with us since. He works on prokaryotic ribosome recycling system. He has made important contributions and they are listed in the list of academic report of CV of Hideko Kaji.
2) Dr. Shinya Kurata, Ph.D He received his Ph.D in biochemistry and molecular biology at School of Engineering , Tokyo University, Japan under the guidance of Professor Tsutomu Suzuki in 2007. He joined our laboratory right after his Ph.D and has been with us since. He discovered that ribosome recycling in yeast is catalyzed by elongation factor 3 and ATP. This seminal discovery was reported in Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci (June 2010). He is continuing studies on the eukaryotic ribosome recycling.
1) Andrew Baron; He is a second year Jefferson Medical College student and works as a work study student. His work is related to both eukaryotic and prokaryotic ribosome recycling.
2) Tomoya Inukai: He is a fourth year Medical Student of Niigata School of Medicine (the Japanese Medical School takes students from high school and educate them for total of six years). He is a part time student who works on eukaryotic ribosome recycling system together with Dr. Shinya Kurata.
3) Sohei Abe: He is a fourth year Medical Student of Niigata School of Medicine. He is a part time student who works on prokaryotic ribosome recycling system in prokaryotes. He collaborates with Dr. Nobuhiro Iwakura.