"Somatosensory Cortex" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Area of the parietal lobe concerned with receiving sensations such as movement, pain, pressure, position, temperature, touch, and vibration. It lies posterior to the central sulcus.
|Secondary Somatosensory Cortex
- Secondary Somatosensory Cortex
- Cortex, Secondary Somatosensory
- Somatosensory Cortex, Secondary
- Secondary Sensory Cortex
- Cortex, Secondary Sensory
- Sensory Cortex, Secondary
- Secondary Somatosensory Area
- Area, Secondary Somatosensory
- Areas, Secondary Somatosensory
- Secondary Somatosensory Areas
- Somatosensory Area, Secondary
- Somatosensory Areas, Secondary
- Second Somatic Sensory Area
Primary Somatosensory Cortex
- Primary Somatosensory Cortex
- Cortex, Primary Somatosensory
- Primary Somatosensory Cortices
- Somatosensory Cortex, Primary
- SI Cortex
- Cortex, SI
- Primary Somatosensory Area
- Area, Primary Somatosensory
- Areas, Primary Somatosensory
- Somatosensory Area, Primary
- Somatosensory Areas, Primary
- Primary Somatosensory Areas
- Anterior Parietal Cortex
- Cortex, Anterior Parietal
- Parietal Cortex, Anterior
- Primary Somatic Sensory Area
- Postcentral Gyrus
- Gyrus, Postcentral
- Post Central Gyrus
- Gyrus, Post Central
- Gyrus Postcentralis
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Somatosensory Cortex".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Somatosensory Cortex".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Somatosensory Cortex" by people in this website by year, and whether "Somatosensory Cortex" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.