"Receptors, Enterotoxin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Guanylate cyclase-coupled receptors that bind bacterial ENTEROTOXINS, as well as the endogenous peptides guanylin and uroguanylin. Ligand binding stimulates production of CYCLIC GMP by EPITHELIAL CELLS of the intestinal lumen, altering barrier permeability and mucus secretion. Mutations in the gene (GUCY2C) encoding this receptor are associated with some cases of hereditary diarrhea (Diarrhea 6) and MECONIUM ILEUS.
- Receptors, Enterotoxin
- Enterotoxin-Guanylin Receptors
- Enterotoxin Guanylin Receptors
- Receptors, Enterotoxin-Guanylin
- Receptors, Guanyl Cyclase-C
- Receptors, Guanyl Cyclase C
- Guanyl Cyclase-C Receptors
- Cyclase-C Receptors, Guanyl
- Guanyl Cyclase C Receptors
- Guanylin-Uroguanylin Receptors
- Guanylin Uroguanylin Receptors
- Receptors, Guanylin-Uroguanylin
- Heat-Stable Enterotoxin Receptors
- Enterotoxin Receptors, Heat-Stable
- Heat Stable Enterotoxin Receptors
- Receptors, Heat-Stable Enterotoxin
- Enterotoxin Receptors
- GC-C Receptors
- GC C Receptors
- Receptors, GC-C
- Enterotoxin Receptor
- Enterotoxin-Guanylin Receptor
- Enterotoxin Guanylin Receptor
- Receptor, Enterotoxin-Guanylin
- Guanyl Cyclase-C Receptor
- Guanyl Cyclase C Receptor
- Receptor, Guanyl Cyclase-C
- Receptor, Guanyl Cyclase C
- Guanylyl Cyclase C
- Cyclase C, Guanylyl
- Heat-Stable Enterotoxin Receptor
- Enterotoxin Receptor, Heat-Stable
- Heat Stable Enterotoxin Receptor
- Receptor, Heat-Stable Enterotoxin
- Receptor, Enterotoxin
- GC-C Receptor
- GC C Receptor
- Receptor, GC-C
- Guanylin-Uroguanylin Receptor
- Guanylin Uroguanylin Receptor
- Receptor, Guanylin-Uroguanylin
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Enterotoxin".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Enterotoxin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Enterotoxin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Enterotoxin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.