"Genes, vpu" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
DNA sequences that form the coding region for the HIV-1 regulatory protein vpu (viral protein U) that greatly increases the export of virus particles from infected cells. The vpu genes are not present in HIV-2 or SIMIAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Genes, vpu".
- Biological Sciences [G]
- Genetic Phenomena [G05]
- Genetic Structures [G05.360]
- Genome [G05.360.340]
- Genome Components [G05.360.340.024]
- Genes [G05.360.340.024.340]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.024.340.364]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875]
- Genes, vpu [G05.360.340.024.340.364.875.900]
- Genes, Regulator [G05.360.340.024.340.425]
- Genes, vpu [G05.360.340.024.340.425.580]
- Genome, Microbial [G05.360.340.358]
- Genes, Microbial [G05.360.340.358.024]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.024.875]
- Genes, vpu [G05.360.340.358.024.875.900]
- Genome, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840]
- Genes, Viral [G05.360.340.358.840.500]
- Genes, vpu [G05.360.340.358.840.500.900]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Genes, vpu".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Genes, vpu" by people in this website by year, and whether "Genes, vpu" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.