"Acute Chest Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Respiratory syndrome characterized by the appearance of a new pulmonary infiltrate on chest x-ray, accompanied by symptoms of fever, cough, chest pain, tachypnea, or DYSPNEA, often seen in patients with SICKLE CELL ANEMIA. Multiple factors (e.g., infection, and pulmonary FAT EMBOLISM) may contribute to the development of the syndrome.
|Acute Chest Syndrome
- Acute Chest Syndrome
- Acute Chest Syndromes
- Syndrome, Acute Chest
- Syndromes, Acute Chest
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Acute Chest Syndrome".
- Diseases [C]
- Respiratory Tract Diseases [C08]
- Lung Diseases [C08.381]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C08.381.074]
- Respiration Disorders [C08.618]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C08.618.009]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Anemia [C15.378.071]
- Anemia, Hemolytic [C15.378.071.141]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C15.378.071.141.150]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C15.378.071.141.150.150]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C15.378.071.141.150.150.219]
- Hemoglobinopathies [C15.378.420]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C15.378.420.155]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C15.378.420.155.219]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C16.320.070]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C16.320.070.150]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C16.320.070.150.219]
- Hemoglobinopathies [C16.320.365]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C16.320.365.155]
- Acute Chest Syndrome [C16.320.365.155.219]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Acute Chest Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Acute Chest Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Acute Chest Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.