OTHER CURRENT APPOINTMENTS
Thomas Jefferson University
- Community Clinical Coordinator/Frankford Coordinator, August 1999-Present
University of Pennsylvania
-Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Community Nursing 1995-Present
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Ethics 1998-present
Thomas Jefferson University
Jefferson Graduate Alumni Board of Directors, 2000- 5-year term
- Research 1999-2000
- Academic Affairs 1998-present
- Strategic Planning Committee sub-task force
- Faculty Development Committee 1999-2000
- Graduate Alumni Board of Directors: Member 2000-2004, Secretary 2001-2002
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
Greater Philadelphia Chapter of ARN
- Member, Education Committee, 1994-present
- President 1998-1999
- President-Elect, 1997-1998
- Chairperson, Education Committee 1998-2000
- Board of Directors, 1997-1999
- Chairperson Sponsorship Committee, 1998
- Fundraising Committee, 1997-1998
-Audit Review Board member for CRRN renewal-1998-present
- Career Alumni Mentor Program since 1997
Senior Center of Phila., PA
- Advisory Board and work task force, SHIP (Senior Health and Independence Program)
INVITED PRESENTATIONS (1997-present)
- 'Alternative Therapies & Women's Health' by the continuing education department at Thomas Jefferson University and College of Health Professions at the 'Women's Health Issues: clinical interventions for healthcare professionals' April 27, 2001, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 'Emergency Preparedness' by GEMS, (Girls Enjoying Membership in Scouting) and The Older Girl Planning Board of the Girl Scouts of Camden County, New Jersey to assist cadet scouts to achieve their Emergency Preparedness Badge, April 12, 2001, Williamstown, New Jersey.
- 'The Attraction of Magnets: Prescription and Application for Professional and Personal Use,' 25th Annual Post-Graduate Seminar for Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health Care, February 21, 2001, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 'Analysis of Functional Outcomes of the CVA Client in Home Care,' Ninth Annual Stroke Rehabilitation Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, October 16, 1997.
- 'Designing/Developing an Educational Program: The Building Blocks of Program Development,' ARN National Conference on Leadership, Chicago, Illinois, May 17, 1997.
- 'Rehabilitation Nursing: Past, Present, and Future,' Nurses week, May 1997, Mediplex Rehabilitation Hospital, Marlton, New Jersey.
OTHER PRESENTATIONS (1997-present)
- 'An Innovative Community Health Nursing Directed Learning Project Promoting Health and Wellness Responds to Community 'Epidemic,' Third Annual Baccalaureate Education Conference, December 8, 2000, Chicago, Illinois.
- 'Public Health Nursing Faculty Collaborates with Local Urban Senior Center, Community Special Interest Groups, and Community Resources for Senior Health Promotion Efforts,' 128th APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition, Boston, Massachusetts, November 15, 2000.