"Hepatic Encephalopathy" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with LIVER FAILURE, including portal-systemic shunts. Clinical features include lethargy and CONFUSION (frequently progressing to COMA); ASTERIXIS; NYSTAGMUS, PATHOLOGIC; brisk oculovestibular reflexes; decorticate and decerebrate posturing; MUSCLE SPASTICITY; and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes (see REFLEX, BABINSKI). ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHY may demonstrate triphasic waves. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1117-20; Plum & Posner, Diagnosis of Stupor and Coma, 3rd ed, p222-5)
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Encephalopathies, Hepatic
- Hepatic Encephalopathies
- Encephalopathy, Hepatic
- Portal-Systemic Encephalopathy
- Portal Systemic Encephalopathy
- Encephalopathy, Portal-Systemic
- Encephalopathies, Portal-Systemic
- Encephalopathy, Portal Systemic
- Portal-Systemic Encephalopathies
- Encephalopathy, Portosystemic
- Hepatocerebral Encephalopathy
- Portosystemic Encephalopathy
- Encephalopathies, Portosystemic
- Portosystemic Encephalopathies
- Encephalopathy, Hepatocerebral
- Encephalopathies, Hepatocerebral
- Hepatocerebral Encephalopathies
- Hepatic Coma
- Coma, Hepatic
- Comas, Hepatic
- Hepatic Comas
- Hepatic Stupor
- Hepatic Stupors
- Stupor, Hepatic
- Stupors, Hepatic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Hepatic Encephalopathy".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Hepatic Encephalopathy".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Hepatic Encephalopathy" by people in this website by year, and whether "Hepatic Encephalopathy" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.