Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
"Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A common interstitial lung disease of unknown etiology, usually occurring between 50-70 years of age. Clinically, it is characterized by an insidious onset of breathlessness with exertion and a nonproductive cough, leading to progressive DYSPNEA. Pathological features show scant interstitial inflammation, patchy collagen fibrosis, prominent fibroblast proliferation foci, and microscopic honeycomb change.
|Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibroses
- Pulmonary Fibroses, Idiopathic
- Familial Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Fibrocystic Pulmonary Dysplasia
- Dysplasia, Fibrocystic Pulmonary
- Dysplasias, Fibrocystic Pulmonary
- Fibrocystic Pulmonary Dysplasias
- Pulmonary Dysplasia, Fibrocystic
- Pulmonary Dysplasias, Fibrocystic
- Fibrosing Alveolitis, Cryptogenic
- Hamman-Rich Disease
- Disease, Hamman-Rich
- Diseases, Hamman-Rich
- Hamman Rich Disease
- Hamman-Rich Diseases
- Interstitial Pneumonitis, Usual
- Interstitial Pneumonitides, Usual
- Pneumonitides, Usual Interstitial
- Pneumonitis, Usual Interstitial
- Usual Interstitial Pneumonitides
- Usual Interstitial Pneumonitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis, Idiopathic
- Usual Interstitial Pneumonia
- Interstitial Pneumonia, Usual
- Interstitial Pneumonias, Usual
- Usual Interstitial Pneumonias
- Idiopathic Fibrosing Alveolitis, Chronic Form
- Cryptogenic Fibrosing Alveolitis
- Cryptogenic Fibrosing Alveolitides
- Fibrosing Alveolitides, Cryptogenic
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Familial
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis" by people in this website by year, and whether "Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.