"Epithelial Cells" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cells that line the inner and outer surfaces of the body by forming cellular layers (EPITHELIUM) or masses. Epithelial cells lining the SKIN; the MOUTH; the NOSE; and the ANAL CANAL derive from ectoderm; those lining the RESPIRATORY SYSTEM and the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM derive from endoderm; others (CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM and LYMPHATIC SYSTEM) derive from mesoderm. Epithelial cells can be classified mainly by cell shape and function into squamous, glandular and transitional epithelial cells.
- Epithelial Cells
- Cell, Epithelial
- Cells, Epithelial
- Epithelial Cell
Squamous Epithelial Cells
- Squamous Epithelial Cells
- Cell, Squamous Epithelial
- Cells, Squamous Epithelial
- Epithelial Cell, Squamous
- Epithelial Cells, Squamous
- Squamous Epithelial Cell
- Squamous Cells
- Cell, Squamous
- Cells, Squamous
- Squamous Cell
Transitional Epithelial Cells
- Transitional Epithelial Cells
- Cell, Transitional Epithelial
- Cells, Transitional Epithelial
- Epithelial Cell, Transitional
- Epithelial Cells, Transitional
- Transitional Epithelial Cell
Glandular Epithelial Cells
- Glandular Epithelial Cells
- Cell, Glandular Epithelial
- Cells, Glandular Epithelial
- Epithelial Cell, Glandular
- Epithelial Cells, Glandular
- Glandular Epithelial Cell
- Columnar Glandular Epithelial Cells
- Cuboidal Glandular Epithelial Cells
- Adenomatous Epithelial Cells
- Adenomatous Epithelial Cell
- Cell, Adenomatous Epithelial
- Cells, Adenomatous Epithelial
- Epithelial Cell, Adenomatous
- Epithelial Cells, Adenomatous
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Epithelial Cells".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Epithelial Cells".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Epithelial Cells" by people in this website by year, and whether "Epithelial Cells" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.