"Neuroblastoma" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A common neoplasm of early childhood arising from neural crest cells in the sympathetic nervous system, and characterized by diverse clinical behavior, ranging from spontaneous remission to rapid metastatic progression and death. This tumor is the most common intraabdominal malignancy of childhood, but it may also arise from thorax, neck, or rarely occur in the central nervous system. Histologic features include uniform round cells with hyperchromatic nuclei arranged in nests and separated by fibrovascular septa. Neuroblastomas may be associated with the opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome. (From DeVita et al., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, 5th ed, pp2099-2101; Curr Opin Oncol 1998 Jan;10(1):43-51)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Neuroblastoma".
- Diseases [C]
- Neoplasms [C04]
- Neoplasms by Histologic Type [C04.557]
- Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal [C04.557.465]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.465.625]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.465.625.600]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.465.625.600.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.465.625.600.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.465.625.600.590.650.550]
- Neoplasms, Glandular and Epithelial [C04.557.470]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.470.670]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.470.670.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.470.670.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.470.670.590.650.550]
- Neoplasms, Nerve Tissue [C04.557.580]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.580.625]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.580.625.600]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.580.625.600.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.580.625.600.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.580.625.600.590.650.550]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Neuroblastoma".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Neuroblastoma" by people in this website by year, and whether "Neuroblastoma" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.