"Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A key enzyme in SPHINGOLIPIDS biosynthesis, this enzyme catalyzes the pyridoxal-5'-phosphate-dependent condensation of L-SERINE and PALMITOYL COENZYME A to 3-dehydro-D-sphinganine. The enzyme consists of two different subunits.
- Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase
- C-Palmitoyltransferase, Serine
- Serine C Palmitoyltransferase
- Serine Palmitoyltransferase
- Palmitoyltransferase, Serine
- Palmitoyl-CoA-L-Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase (Decarboxylating)
- Palmitoyl-Coenzyme A-L-Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase (Decarboxylating)
Long Chain Base Biosynthesis Protein 2
- Long Chain Base Biosynthesis Protein 2
- Serine-Palmitoyl-CoA Transferase 2
- Serine Palmitoyl CoA Transferase 2
- Transferase 2, Serine-Palmitoyl-CoA
- Serine Palmitoyltransferase 2
- Palmitoyltransferase 2, Serine
- Serine Palmitoyltransferase, Long Chain Base Subunit 2
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Serine C-Palmitoyltransferase" by people in Profiles.
Glueck M, Koch A, Brunkhorst R, Ferreiros Bouzas N, Trautmann S, Schaefer L, Pfeilschifter W, Pfeilschifter J, Vutukuri R. The atypical sphingosine 1-phosphate variant, d16:1 S1P, mediates CTGF induction via S1P2 activation in renal cell carcinoma. FEBS J. 2022 09; 289(18):5670-5681.