"Alzheimer Disease" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A degenerative disease of the BRAIN characterized by the insidious onset of DEMENTIA. Impairment of MEMORY, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills are followed by severe APRAXIAS and a global loss of cognitive abilities. The condition primarily occurs after age 60, and is marked pathologically by severe cortical atrophy and the triad of SENILE PLAQUES; NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES; and NEUROPIL THREADS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1049-57)
- Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia, Senile
- Senile Dementia
- Dementia, Alzheimer Type
- Alzheimer Type Dementia
- Alzheimer-Type Dementia (ATD)
- Alzheimer Type Dementia (ATD)
- Dementia, Alzheimer-Type (ATD)
- Alzheimer Type Senile Dementia
- Primary Senile Degenerative Dementia
- Dementia, Primary Senile Degenerative
- Alzheimer Sclerosis
- Sclerosis, Alzheimer
- Alzheimer Syndrome
- Alzheimer Dementia
- Alzheimer Dementias
- Dementia, Alzheimer
- Dementias, Alzheimer
- Senile Dementia, Alzheimer Type
Familial Alzheimer Disease (FAD)
- Familial Alzheimer Disease (FAD)
- Alzheimer Disease, Familial (FAD)
- Alzheimer Diseases, Familial (FAD)
- Familial Alzheimer Diseases (FAD)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Alzheimer Disease".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Alzheimer Disease".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Alzheimer Disease" by people in this website by year, and whether "Alzheimer Disease" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.