Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic
"Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Parkinsonism following encephalitis, historically seen as a sequella of encephalitis lethargica (Von Economo Encephalitis). The early age of onset, the rapid progression of symptoms followed by stabilization, and the presence of a variety of other neurological disorders (e.g., sociopathic behavior; TICS; MUSCLE SPASMS; oculogyric crises; hyperphagia; and bizarre movements) distinguish this condition from primary PARKINSON DISEASE. Pathologic features include neuronal loss and gliosis concentrated in the MESENCEPHALON; SUBTHALAMUS; and HYPOTHALAMUS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p754)
|Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic
- Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic
- Parkinson Disease, Post-Encephalitic
- Parkinson Disease, Post Encephalitic
- Parkinsonian Syndrome, Postencephalitis
- Postencephalitis Parkinsonian Syndrome
- von Economo Encephalitis Type Parkinsonism
- Post-Encephalitic Parkinson Disease
- Post Encephalitic Parkinson Disease
- Postencephalitic Economo-Type Parkinsonism
- Economo-Type Parkinsonism, Postencephalitic
- Parkinsonism, Postencephalitic Economo-Type
- Postencephalitic Economo Type Parkinsonism
- Postencephalitic Parkinson Disease
- Postencephalitic Parkinsonism
- Encephalitis Lethargica Type Parkinsonism
- Parkinsonism, Postencephalitic
Parkinsonism, Viral Meningoencephalitic
- Parkinsonism, Viral Meningoencephalitic
- Meningoencephalitic Parkinsonism, Viral
- Viral Meningoencephalitic Parkinsonism
- Parkinsonisms, Viral Meningoencephalitic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Parkinson Disease, Postencephalitic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.