"Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A steroid hydroxylase that functions in CHOLESTEROL homeostasis in the brain. It converts cholesterol into 24S-hydroxycholesterol, which is transported over the BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER more rapidly than unmetabolized cholesterol.
- Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase
- Cholesterol 24 Hydroxylase
- Brain-Specific 24S-Hydroxylase
- Brain Specific 24S Hydroxylase
Cholestane Tetrol 24-Hydroxylase
- Cholestane Tetrol 24-Hydroxylase
- Cholestane Tetrol 24 Hydroxylase
- 5(beta)-cholestane-3 alpha,7 alpha,12 alpha,25-tetrol-24S-hydroxylase
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase" by people in this website by year, and whether "Cholesterol 24-Hydroxylase" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.